Kids like coming here.
Our goal is to make children lifelong patients without phobias or fears about going to the dentist. As pediatric dentists, we play an important role in establishing a positive foundation for dental health.
We believe the best way to achieve good dental care is by creating a positive environment. That starts with treating your child with compassion and patience.
We use a number of behavior guidance techniques to help children feel comfortable. Each of these methods is designed to aid in the delivery of quality dental care by alleviating your child’s fears and helping us build a trusting relationship with them.
Behavior guidance techniques include:
- Tell-show-do: Before treating your child, we use age-appropriate verbal explanations and demonstrations so they know what to expect.
- Positive reinforcement: A smile or praise to reward desired behaviors encourages their recurrence.
- Gradual desensitization: For some children, it helps to introduce a procedure slowly so they can become comfortable at their own pace.
- Modeling: Our open office environment allows children to see other patients modeling good behavior.
- Sedation: In some situations, sedation is appropriate. It is always used in conjunction with other behavior management techniques.